Contact Us Today For Help!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Saginaw Medical Benefits Lawyer

Serving Clients Throughout The State of Michigan

For most workers injured on the job, seeking effective medical treatment is the primary concern. Under the (amended) Michigan Workers’ Disability Compensation Act of 1969, employers have the right to direct injured employees to seek medical care from a specific health care provider. After 28 days, however, the injured worker has the option of moving treatment to a provider of his or her choosing. It is essential that the injured worker notify the employer of the intended change, including the physician’s name.

After 28 days of treatment, you can notify your employer that you intend to choose your own doctor.

What Is Covered?

Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier is responsible for covering:

  • Medical services
  • Devices and apparatus, crutches and wheelchairs
  • Attendant care
  • Dental service
  • Artificial limbs, eyes, teeth
  • Eyeglasses and hearing apparatus
  • Other appliances necessary to cure

Who Pays The Bills?

After starting medical treatment, medical bills will be submitted directly to the workers’ compensation insurance provider — not the employer. The insurance carrier is responsible for all medical payments.

In the event you have started treatment and have your injury classified as eligible for workers’ compensation benefits, you must submit all bills directly to your employer’s insurance carrier for 100 percent reimbursement.

Learn more about medical treatment and disability benefits at these information pages:

Call A Qualified Workers’ Compensation Claims Lawyer

Although the rules for seeking medical treatment seem clear enough, employers often treat the workplace injury as insignificant and may not bother to report it. In other cases, the employer or insurance company may dispute the severity of the injury or illness and deny the claim. If you were injured on the job in Michigan, call Burns Law.

From offices in Saginaw, I provide workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability and personal injury claims services for clients throughout Saginaw County, Isabella County and Bay County, Michigan. Call toll free 844-BURNSLAW (844-287-6752) or contact us by email to arrange a free consultation with Saginaw medical benefits attorney for workers’ compensation claims.