Contact Us Today For Help!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What To Do If You Have Been Injured At Work

Serving Clients Throughout The State of Michigan

Most employees and independent contractors in Michigan are covered under Michigan’s workers’ compensation insurance, in the event of a workplace injury. Although the process for filing a claim for medical benefits and lost earnings should be simple enough, most injured workers are new to the claims system and find the details quite frustrating.

Act Quickly To Report The Accident To Your Employer

If you have been injured at work in Michigan, the most important thing to remember is that you have a limited time to report the accident or injury to your employer. The Michigan Workers’ Compensation Agency (WCA) Overview of Medical Services states

A worker should notify the employer of an incident, injury, or illness occurring at work as soon as he/she is aware of the incident or injury. A worker has up to 2 years to file a claim under the Workers’ Disability Compensation Act.”

If the employer fails to report the injury to the WCA, the injured worker may report it himself or herself by calling toll free 844-287-6752 or 989-799-6611.

Learn more about seeking medical treatment and benefits for lost or reduced wages.

Keep A Record Of Everything

Getting your workers’ comp claim approved often hinges on little details. Make sure you keep an accurate record of details of the accident, medical records, witness contact information and any other circumstances that may be important evidence for the approval board.

Call A Grand Rapids And Tri-Cities Injury Attorney For Workers’ Comp Claims

Trying to take care of the details of record-keeping, medical care and filing a claim is frustrating and complicated while you are recovering your health. A significant number of initial claims are denied because of oversights or misunderstandings. It makes sense to turn to an experienced, knowledgeable attorney to help you get the benefits you are entitled to.

I am attorney Timothy S. Burns. of Burns Law. I have been helping injured workers file successful workers’ compensation claims for nearly 20 years. I can help you with your initial claim, appeal a denied claim and pursue additional compensation from a third party who may be responsible for causing your accident or injuries.

Saginaw · Flint · Grand Rapids · Workers’ Compensation Claims And Appeals

If you have more questions about what to do if you have been injured at work, call me. Find out what kind of a difference an experienced lawyer can make in your injury or disability claim.

From offices in Saginaw, I provide workers’ compensation, Social Security Disability and personal injury claims services for clients throughout Saginaw County, Isabella County and Bay County, Michigan.

Find out what kind of a difference an experienced lawyer can make in your injury or disability claim. Call toll free 844-BURNSLAW (844-287-6752) or contact me by email to arrange a free consultation.

My office is open for consultations from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays. Evening and weekend appointments may be made by special arrangement. I handle all injury, disability and personal injury claims on a contingency-fee basis. You will not pay attorneys fees if I am unable to help you receive benefits or recover compensation.